- It is a look under the hood of a computer system to see the cause of the issues. This process allows us to provide the best information to our clients to find the best repair.
Why is it important?
- Some machines have more than one issue. By noting these we can quote a full repair so the machine will function as it should.
How much time does this take?
- In most cases our diagnostics take less than 24 hours. We will keep you informed of the results and the best estimates of time remaining during the testing process.
How do you determine if it is worth it?
- We do a full diagnostic on the machine. We consider your uses of the machine, its age, the condition and the programs installed on the system. Sometimes a machine can be fixed but really isn't worth the cost and effort. In those cases we will help you transition into a new machine.
- It depends on your needs. Go with Kaspersky Internet Security for high security and Kaspersky Antivirus for great basic coverage.
How do I prevent Viruses, spyware, trojans, worms and other malware?
Run a good antivirus. We recommend Kaspersky, hands down!
Avoid being tricked by “false” pop-up messages claiming “your ___ software is out of date… click here to fix.” If you need a software update, go directly to the source and download it from them, yourself.
Don’t install anything…..until you have considered the reason for the download and the source of the software. (If it is a free download, you must ask yourself, how/why is it free.) Most of our clients with malware problems started with a simple “free” download.
Run adblock plus.
Until Microsoft fixes Internet Explorer’s multiple issues: we suggest using Chrome.
How long does it take for my computer be repaired at Good Geeks?
- Most diagnostic are completed within one business day.
- Virus removal and the post-removal "tune-up" typically takes 1-3 days.
- Complete computer software re-builds take 2-3 days.
- Software installs are usually completed the same day